A bit like being a giant, drinking a wading pool full of jellyfish.
Reverse delegate to karma. I wrote a long email and didn’t send it because I realized things would sort themselves out.
“Waiting will fulfill.” – Heinlein
Ps. Things sorted themselves out.
- start a blog
- stop being critical, only encourage or celebrate
- stop sending mass emails
- get a notebook and marker
- put work in its place
- back off and be kind to yourself
- don’t add expectations that others don’t ask for and/or are not aware of
- forcing functions are a last resort
- help if others ask for it, allow others to be, act, struggle, fail or succeed
- to get things off your mind, add everything to the ToDo list and prioritize daily, weekly, monthly
- recognize when you are getting burned out and take a break
- listen to more music
- something is usually better than nothing
- stay off Facebook, tis evil
- read more physical books
I’ve always felt that Batman over complicates things. Martial arts and non-lethal gadgets are no match for a good blaster at your side.
10 things I’ve learned (the hard way) as a working professional…
- Always be professional.
- Keep your ego in check.
- Everything takes time.
- Be patient, flexible and don’t overreact.
- Treat everyone, no matter their level, with respect.
- Give without ambition or desire for recognition.
- Be intelligently paranoid.
- Letting go doesn’t mean you don’t care.
- Strive for what is good overall and adequate, not perfection.
- It’s about moving forward, so realize that everything you do will fade and become obsolete.